Monday, November 4, 2013

October Birthdays

During the summer I have a small break from making gifts and it's a great time to start planning my projects for the end of the year.  October marks the beginning of the birthday season in our family as both my dad and my sister both have birthdays during the month.

My dad wanted a new hat this year, so I crocheted him a nice warm one!


I used Nancy Smith's "Reversible Strands" pattern from Ravelry.  It's a lovely, simple pattern that uses a ribbing technique that adds just enough stretch and character.  I made my dad a hat with straight ribs and I made myself a hat with spiraling ribs!



With my sister off at college it's hard to think of good things that I can make her.  Since she is quite the extroverted, life-of-the-party type (unlike the introverted, stay-home-and-sew type like me) we decided to get her a restaurant gift card so that she can go out with some friends.  But instead of just putting the card in a boring envelope, I made her a fun zippered pouch.



I used the same tutorial by kelbysews as I did for my other sister's graduation gift.  This time I decided to use different fabric for each side to mix it up a little.




Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment