Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Wit Beyond Measure

I finally finished a birthday present for my youngest sister who is a huge Harry Potter fan.  She's a bit of a bookworm and is convinced that she would be sorted into the Ravenclaw house if she was accepted to Hogwarts.  So I made her a Ravenclaw messenger bag!


I followed Jennifer's messenger bag tutorial over on Fandom in Stitches and used the Ravenclaw Crest from their pattern collection for the front flap.  I'm quite happy with how it turned out!  


I just did some simple outline quilting around the eagle, but I dressed up the strap with some fancy stitching!  

 

I used various blue fabrics for the underside of the strap too.


I think my sister should be able to fit a couple days worth of books into this bag.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment