Monday, April 8, 2013

...it all started with a Big Bang!

I was a nerd in high school.  I really enjoyed math and science and was pretty good at solving physics equations and balancing chemical formulas.  I don't do too much of that nowadays as a stay-at-home mom...

But that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate the clever nerdiness of shows like The Big Bang Theory!  It's one of our favorite shows!  It inspired me to design a paper-pieced quilt block that celebrates science at the atomic level.


This atom has three electrons, which means that it's a lithium atom.  Now, a real lithium atom is 4.1 angstroms wide, but this pattern is precisely 619,512,195 times larger and measures 10 inches square.

And the best part?  This pattern is FREE!! You can download it from my Craftsy shop here.  It's also available on Fandom in Stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment